Staff enter and submit their time thru TrakTime (on-premise) or TrakTime Web (Hosted Solution). That submitted time is then entered in PowerPM thru the Work Upload application.
When that time is posted there may be transactions that don’t post. The most common reason is that a project was made inactive after some time had been entered.
The way to view those transactions is thru the Work Entry module.
1. In PowerPM click on the Work menu and select Work Entry. It will display the Batch Information screen:
2. Since we won’t be entering any new transactions, we’re not concerned with the control date or batch number so just click Batch OK.
3. On the Work Entry screen, in the Select field choose All Projects. The Display field will default to All Unposted which is fine. Click the Apply button.
4. Any transactions that have errors will display in red.
5. Two choices at this point, correct it or delete it. We’ll proceed with the correction method. If it was determined that it should be deleted, simply right click on the line and choose Delete.
6. To correct it’s been determined that the client/project 11000/TOC has been made inactive. First thing to do is to go into Client Update and go to that client project, click Modify and change the status to Active, then click Save and close client update.
7. Get back into Work Entry. Double click on the transaction line and that will display an edit box below:
8. No editing actually has to be done. Simply click the Save button.
9. That will correct the transaction. It now can be posted.
10. Then will need to go back into client update and make that client/project inactive.