Defining Work Codes is a crucial step determining how well PowerPM will work for your firm. These codes should describe the types of work performed for Clients and for functions performed by Staff either for Clients or internally for the Firm.
1. On the Codes tab check the Work Codes box to begin entering the codes for your Firm.
2. There are 5 Work Transaction Type categories for which codes should be entered.
- Billable Time - These are codes for work that is chargeable to Clients
- Non-Billable Time - These are codes for internal functions done by Staff
- Billable Expense - These are codes for expenses chargeable to Clients
- Non-Billable Expense - These are codes for expenses reimbursed to Staff
- Leave Time - These are codes Staff charge for PTO, Vacation, Sick Time, etc.
3. Click the Add button to enter a Work Code.
- Work Code 1st - Required: Enter a 1 or 2 digit number as the Primary Work code value
- Work Code 2nd - Required: Enter a 1 or 2 digit number as the Secondary Work Code value
Note: Each Work Code must belong to a Work Code group which is designated with a zero value as the Secondary Code number. Group level codes are not selectable in timesheets.
- Description - Required: Enter up to a 30 character description to be associated with this code
- Tax - Optional: Consult CLI Support about Taxable Work codes
- Bill Code 1st - Optional: Consult CLI Support about Bill Codes
- Bill Code 2nd - Optional: Consult CLI Support about Bill Codes
4. After entering the codes for the selected Work transaction Type, click the Save button to confirm the creation of the code records.
5. Select the next Work Transaction Type and enter codes for that category.