IDs & Passwords
PowerPM supports a user/password authentication or Windows authentication as access methods when a user has rights to the software. Regardless of the authentication method used, each user may be granted specific access rights to individual applications and features.
On initial setup of PowerPM, the default authentication mode is PowerPM Authentication which require the entry of a User ID and Password to login to the software. The default User is "CLI" with the Password "MASTER". It is recommended that the first task on entering the IDs & Passwords application is to create a master user for your Firm or at least change the default password for the default CLI user.
Note: Do not forget your master password as you may lock yourself out of PowerPM and require CLI Tech Support to reset your system.
To use Windows Authentication for a higher level of security, click the Define button on the IDs & Passwords screen and toggle the security setting to Windows Authentication. Click the OK button to confirm the change in Security Mode.
Note: Each PM user must be associated with a valid Windows UserName or the PM User will be locked out of the system.
Each user defined in IDs & Passwords may be granted specific rights to various PowerPM features.
These rights are Menu based and Data based.
- Full - Grants access to all PowerPM applications
- Displays Only - Grants access to Display functions only, cannot update data
- Displays & Reports - Grants access to Display functions and allows user to run reports
- Selected Items - Grants access to selected menu items only
- Full - Grants access to all PowerPM data
- by Management - Grants access to when User is defined as a Management person
- by Office - Grants access to data based on the User's Office affiliation
- by Region - Not implemented