All transactions are entered in PowerPM via a control date. Control dates are set up on a 12 month cycle, either a calendar year or fiscal year. You have the choice to select the number of periods in the year, 12, 24, 26 or 52.
1. To create the calendar, click File, Master Files and then the Calendar tab.
It will display the current year showing the number of periods which you’ll need to enter when creating a new calendar.
2. Click the New Year button.
- Fiscal Year - Required: Enter a 4 digit year of the Fiscal Year being defined
- Total # of Periods - Required: Select 12, 24, 26, 52 periods from the dropdown
Note: Automatic calendar creation supports only the 4 period number values listed.
However the calendar data may be edited after creation to fit non-standard configurations.
- Fiscal Year Begin Date - Required: The start date of the fiscal year being created
- Fiscal Year End Date - Required: Calculated
- Fiscal or Calendar Quarters - Required: choose whether Quarters are to be Fiscal Year or Calendsr Year based
3. After entering the required data, click the OK button to confirm the creation of the calendar.
4. If the calendar was created with the wrong number of periods, you can delete the calendar by selecting Delete All and then recreate it.