What’s New in OfficeTools WorkSpace version 3.3.143
Portal Workflow Changes
Please note the following changes to the OfficeTools Client Portal:
- Email notification when a new client is synced to the portal: New Portal User Emails will now automatically generate and send without a preview.
- Resetting a client’s password: This feature is no longer available in this version; all portal password reset will need to be done through the website by using the “Forgot Password” link.
Both updates have been made to further increase security. These features will no longer be available in previous versions of OfficeTools.
If you are updating from a 2018 or 2017 version please visit our “Update Requirements 2019” page be fore you install the update as you may need the assistance from the OfficeTools Support team.
We are pleased to announce the OfficeTools integration with Lacerte is now compatible with Lacerte 2019. A workstation update is required to establish compatibility with Lacerte 2019.
QuickBooks Online Integration
This integration allows you to keep contact information and A/R updated by exporting invoices and payments. Client information such as address and telephone numbers will also update as you edit themthem in OfficeTools.
Automate your most frequently run reports on a schedule and have them delivered to your inbox. This feature will only be available when creating and saving custom reports. A custom report is built from a default report with custom sorts, options, filters, set by the user. We have hand selected the most popular reports for this update and will continue to add more with each update.
Reports available in this update include:
- A/R Aging, A/R Realization, A/R Reconciliation, WIP, WIP, Aged WIP Reconciliation, Invoice Reconciliation,
- Full Contact Address Book, Bill to Contacts, Birthday List, Hidden Contacts, Profession Phone Listing, Contact List Contact, Activity Rolodex, Custom Field
- Staff Activity, Bill to Contacts, Birthday List, Hidden Contacts, Profession Phone Listing, Contact List Contact, Activity Rolodex, Custom Field.
- Current Status and Due Date
- Staff Activity and Payroll Report
Additional Improvements to Explore
Security improvements for the OfficeTools Client Portal: Improvements such as; encryption for “files as rest” and removing the ability to reset your client’s portal password from within the application. This prevents any unintended recipient having access to login credentials for your client’s portal account.
All portal password resets will be done through the portal website.
Updated Priority for Staff Activity List: This allows you to better define your tasks and to recognize items of importance quickly.
Checklists will rollover for To-do’s: Add a checklist to a reoccurring to-do, as it will now rollover with the new to-do.
Important Information about the Update
Upon installation your pinned icon on the task bar may no longer appear or appear as a white box. You will need to re-pin the program to your task bar.
Please Note: This update contains changes to the Server Components that will require all workstations to be updated to this version of WorkSpace or certain features will not work properly.
If you are updating from a 2018 or 2017 version please visit our “Things to Know before you update” page be fore you install the update as you may need the assistance from the OfficeTools Support team.