To help ensure the security of your Abacus Core Cloud (ACC) environment, AbacusNext employs geo-location filtering to help prevent unauthorized access from malicious actors located in foreign countries. As a result, an additional layer of authentication is required to access your ACC environment when traveling abroad. This feature is called ACC Out of Country Access (ACC OOC).
With Out of Country Access, ACC Clients of AbacusNext traveling outside North America first establish a secure VPN connection to AbacusNext North American based proxies. Once the secure connection is made, ACC Clients can simply connect to their ACC server(s) using the same process/icons normally used to connect to ACC.
ACC Clients traveling outside North America that wish to connect to their ACC environment.
- Mac OS X 10.7.5 or higher operating system
- Broadband internet connection with minimum 1Mbps/1Mbps per device
- No networking filtering hardware/software that prohibits HTTPS and SSL VPN traffic
1. Open a web browser and go to https://tunnelblick.net
2. Click “Download Latest Stable Release”
3. Launch the downloaded file
4. Double-click the “Tunnelblock” icon
5. If you receive the following warning, click “Open”:
6. Once the Tunnelblick installation completes, you’ll see the Tunnelblick icon in the system tray (top right of your desktop):
7. Open a web browser and go to https://ooc.cloudsecure.com
8. Log in with your APC credentials
9. Click “Download configuration for other OSs”
10. On the “Install Configuration For All Users?” window, click “Only Me”
11. If prompted, enter your Mac computer password and click “OK”
12. Click the Tunnelblick icon in the system tray. Click the menu option “Connect (your username)_ssl_vpn_config”
13. Enter your ACC Username and Password, and click “OK”
14. If you receive a warning stating “This computer’s apparent public IP address…”, check the box next to “Do not warn about this again for any configuration” and click “OK”
15. If you receive a message stating “Warning: This VPN may not connect in the future” click “OK”
16. The text in the status widget near the system tray will turn green once your Out of Country Access connection has been established.
17. Once it shows that you are connected, double click on your normal ACC Connection Icon to connect.
18. Log in as you normally would with your ACC credentials
IMPORTANT NOTE: After you’ve established Out of Country Access to your APC environment for the first time, subsequent connections do not require you to repeat steps 1 – 11 of this guide (the installation of the VPN software). Subsequent connections only require you to repeat steps 12 – 18.
If you experience any issues, or if you have any questions about Out of Country Access, please create a support ticket by logging into your AbacusNext Account Portal.
Article is closed for comments.