Trust deposits made using APX can be voided.
- There is a 24- to 48-hour window (depending on the credit card issuer) in which you can void. Once this window has passed and the transaction has been cleared and processed, you will have to manually enter reversal entries and issue a check.
Follow these steps to void an APX trust deposit:
- Select Trust > Matter Trust Activity.
- The Matter Trust Activity window appears. Highlight the trust deposit and click Void.
- A window will appear asking you if you are sure you want to void the transaction. Click Yes.
- Another window appears asking you if you are sure you want to delete the trust deposit. Click Yes.
- A void report is printed. Click Yes to continue.
- Reversal entries are created in the Matter Trust Activity as well as the General Ledger. Reversal entries are made on all applicable accounts: Trust and Trust Liability.