Although credit card/ACH information is added to matters, the information is actually
linked to the client record. Therefore, you only need to add this information to a client one time. If you have a different matter for the same client, perform this procedure, but when you check to Allow credit card or electronic checks for the bill payments, any credit card/ACH information stored for the selected client will automatically link, making it unnecessary to reenter the information.
- Select Matters > Matters. The Matters Browse window appears.
- Highlight the matter you want to work with and click Open.
- The Matter Maintenance window appears. Select the CC Info tab.
- Check Allow credit card or electronic checks for the bill payments.
- Always charge credit card or electronic check automatically for bill payments is checked by default when you allow credit cards/electronic checks. Remove the check if you do not want payments to automatically charge the client’s primary credit card when posting the bill.
- Click Add.
- The Save Payment Information window appears. Do one of the following:
If you want to add a credit card, select Credit Card, complete the information for the credit card, and click Submit.
If you want to add e-check or ACH information, select E-Check/ACH, complete the information, and click Submit.
- You can add up to two credit cards for a client. However, only the primary credit card is charged. To charge the secondary credit card, make it the primary card by highlighting the card and clicking Make Primary.
- Click Done to save your changes.