Credit card transactions processed through APX can be voided.
- There is a 24- to 48-hour window (depending on the credit card issuer) in which you can void. Once this window has passed and the transaction has been cleared and processed, you will have to manually enter reversal entries and issue a check.
- Payments that have appeared on a bill (when the status in the Matter Billing Activity is Billed) cannot be voided.
Follow these steps to void APX credit card payments:
- Select Matters > Matter Billing Activity. The Matter Billing Detail window appears. Select the matter.
- Select the transaction you want to void. NOTE: The transaction might be broken into several transactions, depending on how it was applied (Fees, Hard Costs, Soft Costs, etc.). It is only necessary to void one of these associated transactions because voiding one will void all of them. All associated transactions will have the same Transaction ID.
- Click Void.
- A window will appear asking you if you are sure you want to void the transaction. Click Yes.
- If you get a notification like this, click OK.
- A void report is printed. Click Yes to continue.
- A notification window appears. Click OK.
- Reversal entries are created in the Matter Billing Activity as well as General Ledger. Reversal entries are made on all applicable accounts: Operating, Fee Revenue, Hard Cost Revenue, etc.