From the server Update the following registry entries
- Access the Windows Registry (from a run command type regedit then hit OK)
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\AbacusNext\Amicus Attorney
- On the right locate and update the DBServerName key to reflect the new server name:
- To confirm the instance name access SQL Server Management Studio and look for Instance name E.g.: Server\Amicus
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\OBDC\ODBC.ini\Amicus folder.
- On the right update the Server key to the new “Server Name” plus instance.
- Ensure you can start the Amicus Services as needed
- Before logging into Amicus on the server, perform the following steps which must be done at all workstations to ensure updates work correctly
For every workstation, including the server update the following
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AbacusNext\Amicus Attorney
- Update the following values to the new server name:
- ServerInstallDir – ensure this has the entire path to the \Install\Workstation\ folder