Deleting an Invoice will depend on what status the invoice is currently in and the result of deletion will depend on how exactly you created the invoice.
An invoice can be in Draft, Submit For Approval, Approved/Not Paid, Partially Paid, Paid, and Void. If Pre-bill is not enabled there will only be Not Paid, Partially Paid, Paid, and Void statuses available.
If the invoice has passed the approval stage it can only be voided.
if the invoice has not passed the approval stage there are 2 ways it can be deleted:
- Option 1 - From Invoice List
- Go to either the Invoice tab inside of the Matter OR go to the Invoices & Payments tab in the Accounting section
- Go to the right-hand side of the invoice, click on the 3 vertical dots and select Delete
- Option 2 - From within an Invoice
- Click inside of the invoice
- Click on the blue Action button and select delete
How the invoice was created:
- Un-billed Activities
- All items that were unbilled activity will be re-added back to the unbilled activity page and others will be permanently deleted. Also, any edits made to the unbilled activity will be lost.
- Therefore, if you have created an invoice that was created from unbilled activities and does not include all of the time entries and expenses it needs, you will need to delete the invoice to then create the invoice again and include them all.
- Blank Invoice
- all line items will be deleted