A chart of accounts is a listing of the accounts that a company has identified as most essential to their business and are made available for recording transactions in its General Ledger. A company has the flexibility to tailor its Chart of Accounts to best suit its needs, including adding accounts as needed and creating departments.
- To edit your Chart of Accounts in Zola Suite, go to the Reports tab of the Accounting section. You will notice many accounts have already been created for you. These cannot be edited or removed since they work conjunctively with other reports in the Accounting section. However, you are able to create as many accounts as you would like.
- Then scroll down and find the Chart of Accounts.
- To create a new account. Click the + sign then choose ‘New Account’
- Then, fill out the details of the account.
- If you have already established account numbers, you can edit your accounts to match your current records. You can also sort your accounts into Departments. Click the + sign, select New Department
- Fill out the details of the department, then save.
Zola Media, LLC provides training on Zola Suite's features and best practices for configuring the software for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to provide or be relied on for tax, legal or accounting advice.