The following guide will instruct you on the steps you need to take in order to upgrade your QuickBooks file to a newer version.
This request may only be submitted by a Portal Manager or Authorized Contact equivalent user, this is required even if you want to upgrade the file yourself. There is a $25 setup fee (per file) for having AbacusNext do the upgrade for you.
You will be need to provide AbacusNext with your QuickBooks license details for the new requested version. This includes the version, year, license number, product key, and the number of users/seats that license has.
If you do not own a license with the requisite number of users/seats for all the users you wish to use that version of QuickBooks, you will need to purchase that license first.
AbacusNext provides the option for customers to BYOL (Bring your own licensing) or acquire licensing through our vendor, Out of the Box Technology. When choosing to acquire licensing through our vendor, Out of the Box Technology will contact and assist you in purchasing the QuickBooks license you need; you may then provide that license to AbacusNext to complete your upgrade.
NOTE: If you have multiple QuickBooks file you wish to upgrade, AbacusNext will require a form to be submitted for each.
To submit the request, log into the Portal then:
- In the Support Ticket box, click Create.
- In the upper right corner, next to your name, click on Submit a request
- From the Submit a request screen, click the dropdown and select Abacus Core Cloud
- In the next box (#4), click the dropdown and select Technical Services near the bottom.
- In the next box (#5), click the dropdown and select QuickBooks Services, then Upgrade File Version
- Fill out any additional fields that appear, then click the Submit button at the bottom of the page to submit the request to us.
You will be providing the QuickBooks information for the new version you wish to access, do not provide the QuickBooks license information from the QuickBooks application you are currently using.
The "I have read and agree to AbacusNext Terms & Conditions" box must be checked before submitting the request
The "I want AbacusNext to upgrade the file for me ($25 fee per file)" box should only be checked if you wish AbacusNext to perform your QuickBooks file upgrade(s) for you.