When printing or previewing a deposit if you come across the error stating "OfficeTools needs to install a font that is used for this report, Install Font" followed by an error that it is unable to install this font please see directions below.
1. At the bottom of this article there is a zipped file name GnuMICR-0.30 you will want to download and save this attachment.
2. Once you have downloaded and saved the attachment you will want to extract the file, you can do this by right-clicking on the file and selecting extract all, and then save it to the same file location or a file location of your choosing.
3. After the zip folder has been extracted, it will open a new window with the extracted files. Open the folder name GnuMICR-0.30 and it will then display the following items in the second screenshot below.
3. You will then want to open Control Panel on your computer.
4. From this window select Fonts, if you cannot find Fonts on this page, please use the search bar at the top to search for it.
5. Once Fonts is open you will want to then drag and drop the TrueType font file (the GnuMICR.ttf) into the control panels fonts.
6. Close and re-open OfficeTools and the error should be gone.
Note: this is a per profile item so each staff member that works with deposit slips is recommended to follow this guide if they receive this error.