Pay Now Overview
Pay Now is an extension of Abacus Payment Exchange (APX) that lets organizations designate certain invoices to be paid through an email link using the APX payment system. This allows the organization’s clients to pay invoices directly, rather than requiring the organization to take the payment information and handle payment processing.
Here's how Pay Now works: Once implemented, invoices are emailed to clients with a link. When the client selects the link, APX launches and the client can enter the payment. The Pay Now feature can also utilize Multi-Factor Authorization (MFA) providing clients with an added layer of security and validity when they submit their payments. Since MFA requires an additional identity verification through the phone.
Only invoices with a status of Final or Partial Payment can use Pay Now.
Please note: When using Multi-Factor Authorization, it is important to have cell phone numbers entered for your clients since they will be texted to verify their identity.
Following is an example of the emailed invoice a client would receive when using Pay Now:
Configuring Pay Now
1. Select Billing > Payments and followed by the APX button.
2. When the APX window appears select Settings.
3. The APX Settings window will then open. Configure Pay Now using the settings in the Pay Now section. If your organization wants to use Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) select MFA Setup.
4. The Multi-Factor Authentication window will open. Highlight the field or fields you want to use to verify identification and select Add to move the fields to the Chosen MFA Fields box. For Example, if you want to send a text to verify identification, you might select the Text Message field. If you select more than one field for authentication, order them in priority. The top (first) field in the list will be tested first. Select Close to save your changes.
5. Back in the APX Settings window, check Require if MFA will be required for clients to make payments.
6. In the Expire Pay Now URL after field, enter the number of days the Pay Now URL can be accessed by the user. For Example, if the expire value is 30, users will not be able to access the Pay Now link after 30 days. Up to 90 days can be entered, and a value of 0 can be entered for no expiration date.
7. Select OK to save your changes.
Creating a Pay Now Request
1. Select Billing > Invoices. Highlight the invoice to send and select the APX button and then select Create Pay Now Request OR right-click the invoice to send and select Create Pay Now Request.
Please note: Remember that only Invoices with a Final or Partial Payment status can use Pay Now.
2. Select the APX account to apply the payment to and select Accept.
3. The Create Notes window will then open. Make any changes to the note as necessary and select OK.
4. The email is then generated and opens. Make any other changes as necessary, and send the email.
5. The email is sent to the selected client and the invoice is flagged with a Pay Now symbol in the Pay Now column, indicating that a Pay Now email has been sent.
Pay Now Status
A Pay Now requests can have one of the following statuses: Paid, Expired, or Active.
To determine the current status, hover over the Pay Now Symbol on the Invoices list (Billing > Invoices).
Resending a Pay Now Request
Please note: Only active Pay Now links can be resent.
Select Billing > Invoices. Highlight the invoice and select the APX button then select Resend Pay Now OR right-click the Pay Now invoice and select Resend Pay Now. The Create Notes window will appear where you can edit the email as you like and select OK to send. Complete the final email and send it, the invoice is then resent as a Pay Now email.
Renewing a Pay Now Request
Only active or expired Pay Now links can be renewed.
Select Billing > Invoices. Highlight the invoice and select APX button and select Renew Pay Now OR right-click the Pay Now invoice and select Renew Pay Now. Select the APX account when prompted and select Accept. The Create Notes window opens where you can edit the email as you like and select OK to send. Complete the final email and send it, the invoice is then resent as a Pay Now email with a renewed link.
Canceling a Pay Now Request
Select Billing > Invoices. Highlight the invoice and select the APX button and select Cancel Pay Now OR right-click the Pay Now invoice and select Cancel Pay Now. The Pay Now URL becomes inactive and the Pay Now symbol is removed for the invoice.
Updating Pay Now Status.
To update Pay Now status, select Billing > Invoices. Highlight the invoice and select the APX button and select Update Pay Now Status OR right-click the Pay Now invoice and select Update Pay Now Status.