The Notes Tab is designed to function as your clients “permanent file”. It’s a place to record account information, user names and passwords, or notes on an event that might affect their following year’s tax return. You can attach important documents directly to a Note through the Drag and Drop box, and you can bring a Note to another staff members attention by using the Add to Activity List function.
1. Click the + icon on the above toolbar
2. The contact will default to the currently selected contact but can be changed from the window that is created by highlighting the contact or clicking the drop-down arrow next to the corresponding Contact dialogue box.
3. Fill in the subject for the note and select the note type by clicking the drop down arrow next to the corresponding Type dialogue box.
4. Type in the Text dialogue box of the Note that you are creating.
5. Click the save icon on the above toolbar
Please note: Notes can be viewed in either a Summary or Detail fashion by clicking on the corresponding button toward the top right of the window. Summary will provide an overview of all the notes created for that contact in the "Notes" tab specifically whereas "Detail" is a more detailed view of the note that is currently highlighed from the "Summary" view. To see all notes left throughout OfficeTools for that contact, click View All on the aforementioned toolbar at the top.
Article is closed for comments.