Through the Notification Center, AbacusLaw users can be sent different types of notifications. In the User Manager, you can set up how notifications are sent for each user.
If you have not yet setup the Notification Center Settings, please do so first.
- From the User Manager window, highlight the user for which you want to set up notifications.
- Click Notifications. The Notification Settings window for the selected user appears.
- Complete the settings in the General section.
- For Mobile number, enter the user's cell phone number.
- For Carrier, select the carrier for the mobile phone. If you do not have a Twilio account, then the carrier for the mobile phone must be known for it to process correctly.
- For Who, select the Who code that corresponds to the AbacuLaw user to receive notifications. Usually this is the same as the operator code for the selected user unless a paralegal wishes to get alerts for their attorney.
- Complete the settings in the Calendar Changes section.
- Check Send messages when someone changes my events if you want to have notifications sent when a key value is changed for the selected user's events (date, time, where, or duration).
- For Notify me via, select how to receive calendar change notifications (SMS, Email, or Both).
- For Query, change the query (as necessary) to define which events will trigger calendar change notifications.
- Leave SMS Form and Email Form blank unless you want to change the form text that sends by default.
Complete the settings in the Calendar Alarms section.
- Check Send me appointments reminders for notifications to be sent for calendar reminders. Calendar reminders are sent the day prior to the event. NOTE: Be aware that there is the potential for numerous alarms to go off at once unless you are careful. Phones synching alarms via Outlook would also cause alarms,so generally you will not want both activated.
- For Notify me via select how to receive calendar alarm notifications (SMS, Email, or Both).
- For Query, change the query (as necessary) to define which events will trigger calendar alarm notifications.
Click Done to save your changes.