How to send an email blast
- Open the Names browse.
- Select the Names you want to email by checking the check boxes on the left.
You can use a Query to filter the list by Class, who actually has an email address, etc. This is also how you would save a default contact list if you want to email the same people most/all of the time. We have several videos on creating queries on our Training Videos page, including this starter video.
- Once you have selected your recipients, click Actions in the Names browse and select Send Email.
- Whenever you select multiple recipients, you will get a pop-up telling you that the email addresses will be placed into the BCC field instead of the To field. Simply click Done.
You can also click the box to not show this message again.
- A dialog box will open in Abacus – simply click Send to open a new email window in Outlook.
All email activity is performed by Outlook; Abacus does not have a built-in email program.
- In the Outlook new email window, create/modify the email body, signature, etc., to your preferences. We recommend putting your or your firm's email address in the To… field to help reassure your recipients that the email is legitimate.
- When you are done editing the email, click Send.