If a check has been written in error or has been cancelled, then it must be voided in the system. To void a check in Abacus Accounting, complete the following:
- Select A/P > Void Checks for Operating Account checks
- or Select Trust > Void Trust Check for Trust Account checks.
The Void a Check window appears
- Enter the account number and check number.
- Click the Retrieve button.
- Review the Check Information displayed: Date of Check, Account Name and Payee and verified this is the check to be voided.
- Enter the Date of the Void. (This is the date the void entry will appear in the Check Register.)
- Click the Void button.