- APX Disbursement Report
The 1099/1096 reports allow you to print 1099 Miscellaneous Income Forms required by the IRS and the supporting summary 1096 Form. Preprinted 1099 and 1096 forms must be used for printing.
- Print 1096 - Annual Summary (MISC): A supporting summary for the 1099. It is a total of the individual 1099 Miscellaneous Incomes. NOTE: You must print all 1099 forms before the 1096 Annual Summary can be printed.
- Print 1096 - Annual Summary (NEC): A supporting summary for the 1099. It is a total of the individual 1099 Non-Employee Compensations. NOTE: You must print all 1099 forms before the 1096 Annual Summary can be printed.
- Print 1099 Miscellaneous Income: The 1099 Miscellaneous Income form required by the IRS for individual vendors. This report only prints for those vendors that have the 1099 function set on the individual vendor codes.
- Print 1099 Non-Employee Compensation: The 1099 Non-Employee Compensation form required by the IRS for vendors involving rent and/or legal services.
Accounts Payable Reports
The Accounts Payable reports provide information relating to check disbursements made in the system.
- A/P Cash Requirements: Lists all posted invoices that are still unpaid.
- A/P Unpaid Invoice Aging Summary: Lists unpaid invoices in cumulative 30-day categories up to 90 days.
- A/P Unpaid Invoice Details with Client Payment Details (AP Details): Lists detail information for unpaid invoices. The Tracking Client Payments field indicates if Track Client payments was checked when adding the payable. The Client Paid Amount and Client Paid Date fields list the amount and date the client paid against the payable.
- Cash Disbursement Listing: Lists all checks and disbursement type journal entries.
- Cash Disbursements Detail: Lists detail for all checks for the selected account. Detail includes the general ledger account debited and the client/matter number affected.
- Recurring Payables Listing: Lists all recurring payables.
- Vendor Detail Report: Lists all invoices paid, and to be paid, for the selected vendor for the selected time period.
- Vendor Summary Report: Summarizes by vendor prior balances, new invoices, payments made, and the remaining balance for the selected time period.
Accounts Receivable Reports
See Matter Reports.
Audit Trail / Transaction Log / Modification Log Reports
The Audit Trail report lists user activity that occurred in Abacus Accounting by user. The Transaction Log lists deletion actions that occurred in Abacus Accounting. The Modification Log lists all edits you have made in the system.
- Billing Report: Lists a breakout of fees, costs, late charges, taxes, hours, and trust billed on an invoice for the selected client-matter.
- Credit Card & ACH Billing Statement: Downloads the billing statement directly from Abacus Payment Exchange (APX). The report shows only successful transactions (payments and trust deposits) and will not include any rejected ones.
- Credit Card Activity Report: Lists credit card/ACH transactions for the selected client-matter and date range. The report is generated using the client's local Abacus data on their server. It includes all successful credit card payments, trust deposits, and voids as well as all failed attempts (i.e., credit card had insufficient funds or was expired).
- Credit Card Chargeback Report: Lists chargeback transactions for a selected date range.
- Invoiced Fees & Costs Report: Lists invoiced fees and costs for the selected client-matter and date range. It can be sorted by client/matter, billing date, or invoice number.
- Matter Summary Report: Summarizes financial information about the charges, fees, billed amounts, paid amounts, and currently owed amounts for a matter. It also provides trust balances, date of last bill, last payment, and aged balance due. NOTE: You can access this report from any Matter window in AbacusLaw by double-clicking the Abacus Accounting icon in the right-hand corner of the window.
- PayNow Payments Received: Lists only PayNow payments that have been received. Only transactions with a status of Paid Successfully are included in this report.
PayNow Transactions Report: Lists all PayNow transactions. Each transaction can be assigned one of the following statuses:
- Payment Failed
- Max Payment Attempt
- Payment Failed and Active
- Paid Successfully
- Unbilled Cost Report: Summarizes the detail from the matter billing activity ledger for all unbilled costs, by hard and soft costs. A total of hard costs unpaid by the firm is also noted.
- Unpaid Invoice Report: Lists unpaid invoices by matter, broken out for fees, costs, late charges, and taxes.
APX Disbursement Report
Lists all withdrawals or payments made to your bank account through Abacus Payment Exchange (APX) for a selected time period.
General Ledger Reports
- Balance Sheet: Summarizes all asset, liability, and capital accounts.
- Cash Disbursement Listing Report: Lists of all checks and disbursement type journal entries.
- Cash Disbursements Detail Report: Lists detail for all checks for the selected account. Detail includes the general ledger account debited and the client/matter number affected.
- Cash Flow Report: Shows the total amount of funds received and sent out for a specific cash account.
- Cash Receipts by Invoice Report: Shows totals received during the month. The totals are categorized by how old the applied invoice is. The report can help users understand how long it takes to collect payments for a given month.
- Checkbook Register Report: Provides a printed version of the checkbook register for the selected account and date range.
- Closed Years GL Detail Listing: Lists general ledger detail for the selected date range for the selected account(s).
- Daily Posted Cash Receipts Report: Lists total deposits for the selected cash account by posting. Deposits are listed by client/matter number affected (not by total deposit).
- Expense Summary Report: Lists all transactions that have been applied to your expense accounts.
- General Journal Listing Report: Lists all debits and credits that have occurred during the selected time period. NOTE: The General Journal Listing report can be run for closed years.
- General Ledger Budget Listing Report: Summarizes account budgeting.
- General Ledger Cash Receipts Report: Lists all cash receipts received and deposited during the selected time period.
- General Ledger Detail Listing Report: Lists all account activity for the entire general ledger for the selected time period.
- GST HST Report: When using the Canadian practice pack, the GST/HST report is available under General Ledger reports. The GST/HST report lists the transactions for Canadian Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) for the selected date range.
- Income Statement Budget Comparative Report: Summarizes all income and expense accounts for the current month and year to date compared to the amounts budgeted for the accounts.
- Income Statements: Summarizes all income and expense accounts.
- Income/Expense Summary Report: Summarizes income and expense accounts by month for a 12-month period.
- LSO Transaction Levy Report (Detail and Summary): When using the Canadian practice pack, there are two LSUC transaction levy surcharge reports available under General Ledger reports: LSUC Transaction Levy Detail and LSUC Transaction Levy Summary. These reports list the LSUC transaction levy surcharges entered. Both reports can be filtered by date range and levy type. The Detail report can be further filtered by matter or attorney. The Summary report includes required fields Firm Contact and Managing Partner.
- Recurring Journal Entries Listing Report: Lists all recurring general ledger journal entries.
- Revenue Summary Report: Summarizes all activity in the revenue accounts.
- Single Journal Entry Listing Report: Lists detailed information for a specific journal entry. You enter a journal entry number and then select the journal entry type (general, adjusting, cash receipt, etc.) that was assigned to the journal entry.
- Subsidiary Ledger Report: Lists all activity for the selected account for the selected time period.
- Trial Balance Report: Summarizes by account all activity for the selected time period. NOTE: You can generate this report for any closed years but not for archived years.
- Accounts Receivable Aging Report: Lists all unpaid bills by matter by attorney and aged by current, 31-60 days, 61-90 days, and over 90 days.
- Accounts Receivable Report: Lists all unpaid bills by matter by attorney with the total broken out by fees, costs, late charges, and taxes due. Also includes the balance in trust and last payment due.
- AR Aging for Email Report: Lists clients with outstanding balances past a specified number of days. From this report, clients can be sent a customizable email regarding the outstanding balance.
- Advanced Costs – Detail Report: Lists unbilled hard/soft costs, billed hard/soft costs, paid hard/soft costs, and costs due.
- Advanced Costs – Timekeeper Summary Report: Lists total unbilled or billed costs by client expense code for each timekeeper.
- Advanced Costs – Expense Code Summary Report: Lists total billed or unbilled costs and adjustments by client expense code.
- Billing Anniversary Report: Calculates which matters should be billed quarterly based on the open date of the matter.
- Client & Matter Listing Report: Lists client number, client name, matter number, matter description, and case code for each matter.
- Client Cash Disbursement Report: Lists each client-incurred check written, showing which clients were advanced money and for what purpose.
- Client Cash Receipts Report: Lists all money received from a client.
- Client Income Summary Report: Ranks clients in order of total receipts.
- Client Matter Financial Ledger Report: Accesses the matter billing detail ledger for a matter. When you select the report, the Matter Billing Detail window appears.
- Closed Matter Report: Lists the client-matters you have closed during the selected time period. It includes information such as client-matter names, descriptions, storage locations, box number, person authorizing close, etc.
- Fee Warning/Authorization Report: For a matter, you have the option of including hourly warnings and limits for the time you spend on a matter. If you have selected hourly warnings and/or limits, this report lists the hours worked on a matter relative to the hourly warnings and limits.
- Flat Fee Schedule Detail Report: Lists the detail information for the flat fee payment schedule for the selected client/matter.
- Matter Fee Sharing Report: Lists fee sharing percentages between timekeepers for the selected client/matter (or all clients/matters).
- Matter Listing Report: Lists detail information for each matter, including client number, client name, matter number, matter description, responsible/originating timekeeper, case code, billing frequency, billing mode, billing format code, and minimum retainer.
- Matter Rates Listing Report: Lists the billing rates for the selected client/matters, case codes, and timekeepers.
- Matter Rates Listing Report - Brief: Lists the billing rates for all active timekeepers.
- Matter Trust Schedule Aging Report: Lists how much Trust is currently due, overdue by 31-60 days, 61-90 days, etc.
- Settlement Summary Report: Provides information about the settlement of a matter, including amount, paid costs, and referral fees.
Time Ticket Diary Listing Report: Lists unbilled time tickets for the selected matter.
- Held Tickets: When Include Held Tickets is checked, the report will include time tickets that have been placed on hold.
- Time Ticket Type: Select the type of time tickets to include in the report. (Selecting All will include all the types listed.)
- Sort Selections: Select the order in which you want the information listed on the report. You can select up to 3 sort orders. Sort level 3 specifies how information under sort level 2 is to be listed. Sort level 2 specifies how information under sort level 1 is to be listed.
- Billing Status: Select to include unbilled time, billed time, or both in the report.
- WIP with Prior Balance and AR Reconciliation Report: Reconciles the Work in Process - Summary with Prior Balance report with the Accounts Receivable report, and If there is a discrepancy in the fees due, it will be posted in the report.
- Write Off Report: The Write Off report lists fees, costs, taxes and late charges written off by matter. This report includes all amounts written off for a matter as well as individual amounts written off through adjustments.
Click here for more information about how Post On Ticket Date affects productivity reports.
- Billed & Unbilled Hours Detail Report, Billed & Unbilled Hours Summary Report: These reports list all billed and unbilled time for the selected month by timekeeper and time ticket type. The detail report is further broken down by case code. Hours are pulled from the inactive time tickets and time tickets based on the date of the time ticket. NOTE: Hours for a Flat Rate time ticket are included in the Billable Hours.
Billed Hours – Detail Report, Billed Hours – Summary Report: These reports list all billed time for the selected month by timekeeper and time ticket type. The detail report is further broken down by case code. Hours are pulled from inactive time tickets only.
NOTE: Hours for a Flat Rate time ticket are included in the Billable Hours.
- Billed Hours & Billed/Paid Revenue Report: Lists billed hours or billed revenue for the selected time period. A specific client, matter, or timekeeper can be selected for the report. Also, the report can be grouped by matter number or timekeeper. The report shows the date of payment, the approximate hours paid, and dollar amount received. Hours are pulled from the inactive time tickets when the invoices associated with the records were billed in the selected time period. The report also adjusts any write offs. It pulls amounts written off where the refund date is in the selected time period.
Billed/Paid Fees – Detail Report, Billed/Paid Fees - Summary Report: These reports list the dollars billed and dollars paid for the selected month and year-to-date by timekeeper. Also gives the percentage by timekeeper of overall dollars billed and dollars paid. The detail report is further totaled by case codes. Write offs that have been billed and that have a Refund Date in the selected period are subtracted.
- The Billed Fees portion of the report is calculated from the bills which were posted as of the month/year specified. (i.e., the report uses the date the bills were posted, not the actual date of the time ticket). The actual time ticket timekeeper is credited with the fees.
- For flat fee matters, if no time tickets are entered, the responsible timekeeper will be credited with the fees. If time tickets are entered in a flat fee matter then the fees will be credited proportionately to the actual time ticket timekeeper in regards to the percentage of time spent working on the matter. The same rule applies with contingency matters.
- If flat rate time tickets are entered, the actual time ticket timekeeper is credited with the fees.
- The Paid Fees portion of the report is calculated from the information entered under the Fee Distribution section for payments received.
Blled & Unblled Hrs Detail – By Matter Report: Summarizes by matter all unbilled and/or billed time for the selected time period by time ticket type. Hours are pulled from the inactive time tickets and time tickets based on the date of the time ticket.
- NOTE: Hours for a Flat Rate time ticket are included in the Billable Hours.
- NOTE: If you delete matters on a regular basis, this report may not balance to the Billed & Unbilled Hours - Detail & Summary reports. Those reports include hours on deleted matters while this report does not.
- Hours & Fees Budget Comparison Report: This report compares actual hours to budgeted hours by timekeeper for the selected month and year-to-date. Includes both billed and unbilled time for time ticket types of Billable, Flat Rate, Trial, No Charge, and Non-Billable.
- Hours Report: Provides different metrics for hourly reporting. This report is helpful for large law firms with multiple offices.
- Matter Fees, Costs & Hours Report: Shows the Fees, Costs, Late Charges, Taxes, Total Fees and Costs and the Payments received for each matter. It also breaks down the billed hours and fees, and the unbilled hours & fees by timekeeper.
- Matter Profit/Loss Report: Shows a profit and loss statement for the selected date range and other options. The report shows profit and loss by matter for flat fee, monthly fee, minimum fee, and contingency matters. It calculates what was charged versus the hourly rate multiplied by hours worked.
- Monthly Hours & Fees Recap Report: Shows productivity by job title. It lists all billable hours by job title and by division. This report is helpful for large law firms with multiple offices. This report is only for matters with monthly or hourly billing and excludes time tickets that are on hold. Hours are pulled from the inactive time tickets and time tickets based on the date of the time ticket.
Realization Report and Realization Report Summaries: When the Track Hour Adjustments feature is turned on, the Realization Report and Realization Report Summaries are available. These reports use tracked hour adjustments to calculate realization.
- The reports can be run for a specified date range (by time ticket date or bill date) and can be filtered by:
- Time ticket (billed, unbilled or both)
- Client (all or specific client )
- Matter type (all or specific matter)
- Timekeeper (all or specific timekeeper)
- The Realization Report can also be grouped by client, matter type, or responsible attorney and can include different levels of detail.
- The following calculations are made for the realization reports:
- The Billed Amount for hourly matters is captured from Inactive Time Tickets/Time Tickets and for Non-Hourly matters is captured from the billing details.
- Total Actual Hours is the sum of actual Hourly Rate Hours, Flat Rate Hours and Non-Billable and No Charge Hours.
- The formula for Value is: (Total Actual Hours * Timekeeper Rate)
- The Timekeeper Rate is calculated as the average effective hourly rate at which time tickets were billed for that grouping. For hourly time tickets, this is calculated using the activity code rate at the matter’s activity code rate level (if applicable), or the timekeeper’s rate at the matter’s timekeeper rate level that was effective on the time ticket’s date (based on the matter’s timekeeper rate schedule). For flat charge time tickets, the formula is: (Value / Total Actual Hours). To view the Timekeeper Rate used, change Detail Level to Group, Matters, Timekeepers.
- The formula for Realization is: (Billed Amount - Write Offs) / Value
- The formula for Adjustment is: (Billed Amount Value - Write Offs - Value)
- The reports can be run for a specified date range (by time ticket date or bill date) and can be filtered by:
- Receipts Pending by Orig/Resp Report: Lists the receivable balances (in aged format), the work in process balance, and total due by matter. Sorted by case code and then by originating/responsible timekeeper.
- Referral Fee Report: Lists total referral fees billed, fees paid and fees due by referral source for each client that source generated. It also lists check amount, check number, check date, and who received the referral fee.
- Timekeeper Cash Receipts Report: Lists money received from clients by matter.
- Timekeeper Cash Receipts - NonHourly Matters Report: Lists money received from clients for non-hourly matters. Cash receipts are allocated for non-hourly matters according to the hours worked by timekeepers (instead of allocating the whole to the responsible attorney as is done in the Timekeepers Cash Receipts report).
Timekeeper Performance Summary Report:
- Summarizes by timekeeper the following:
- Total Hours – Month & Year-To-Date – total hours billed for all time ticket types (Billable, Nonbillable, No Charge, Flat Rate, Trial, and Misc.).
- Billable Hours – Month & Year-To-Date – total hours billed for all billable time ticket types (Billed, Trial, and Flat Rate only).
- Fees Billed – Month & Year-To-Date – total dollar amount of Fees billed for the select time period.
- Fees Paid – Month & Year-To-Date – total dollar amount of fees paid for the selected time period.
- WIP Fees – Year-To-Date – total unbilled fees. Note that this only includes unbilled time tickets for the timekeeper. Flat Fee, Monthly Flat Fee, and Minimum Fee matters are not included in WIP Fees.
- This report picks up Billed Hours from Timekeepers Billing Detail for all invoices billed in the selected period. This report also picks all other hours from inactive time tickets where the Date of Bill is in the selected time period and the type is not equal to BL. Write offs that have been billed and that have a Refund Date in the selected period are subtracted.
- The report also includes the flat fee amount of the non-hourly matters.
- Summarizes by timekeeper the following:
- Timekeepers Billed Hours Report: Lists hours billed by timekeepers.
- Unbilled Hours – Detail Report, Unbilled Hours – Summary Report: Lists by all unbilled time for the selected time period by ticket type. The detail report is further broken out by case code. Hours are pulled from time tickets based on the date of the time ticket. NOTE: Hours for a Flat Rate time ticket are included in the Billable Hours.
Weekly Time Ticket Value Report: Lists by timekeeper for a weekly period all billable hours (billed and unbilled), billable fee amounts, non-billable hours (billed and unbilled), and non-billable fee amounts and total weekly hours for non-deleted matters.
- NOTE: Billable hours include time ticket types BL (billable), TR (Trial), and FR (Flat Rate). Nonbillable hours include time ticket types NB (Nonbillable), NC (No Charge), and MS (Miscellaneous).
- NOTE: The actual date of the time ticket is used in the calculation of hours even if your system is setup for Post on Ticket Date.
Work in Process – Aged Report, Work in Process – Summary Report, Work in Process – Summary with Prior Balance:
- The Work in Process - Aged report provides balances of unbilled hours, fees, hard costs, and soft costs by matter in an aged format. Also provides the prior balance, trust balance, billing mode, flat fee/minimum fee amounts, originating/responsible timekeeper, and case code for each matter.
- The Work in Process - Summary report summarizes unbilled hours, fees, hard costs, and soft costs on by matter. Also provides the trust balance for each matter.
- The Work in Process – Summary with Prior Balance report is the same as the summary report except that it includes the prior balance. Note that the prior balance is essentially the A/R (the amount that is billed but not paid).
- NOTE: Hours and fees (flat fees and minimum fees) are reported by the responsible, originating, or assigned timekeeper, regardless of who the actual time ticket timekeeper is. Therefore, if you select a specific timekeeper to generate this report for, the report will show all unbilled hours by matter, for those matters which have the selected individual as the responsible, originating or assigned timekeeper. The report will NOT show every matter that the selected timekeeper has worked on.
- Write Off Report: Lists fees, costs, taxes and late charges written off by matter. This report includes all amounts written off for a matter as well as individual amounts written off through adjustments.
- Canada Govt. Trust Report: This report is a special report that is available when Region in Company Preferences is set to Canada. It provides 12 months of trust transaction data between the firm's year end dates. It includes any matters with a balance and the last transaction date for those matters. Information in the report addresses special requirements by the Canadian government regarding trust account reporting.
- Cash Disbursement Listing Report: Lists all checks and disbursement type journal entries for the selected account.
- Subsidiary Ledger Report: Lists all activity for the selected general ledger account for the selected time period.
- Trust Ledger Report: Lists all activity that has occurred in the trust accounts for the selected matter for the selected time period.
- Trust Ledger Fees/Costs Breakout Report: Lists all activity that has occurred in the trust accounts for the selected matter for the selected time period. Activity is detailed as fee, cost, or other.
- Trust Reports – Detail Report: Lists all activity that has occurred in the trust account by matter for the selected client, general ledger account, or responsible timekeeper.
- Trust Reports – Summary Report: Summarizes the trust accounts by matter.
- Trust Schedule Report: Summarizes the trust payment schedule by matter.
- Activity Code Listing Report: Lists all activity codes.
- Billing Format Listing Report: Lists all billing format codes and the options selected for each code.
- Case Code Listing Report: Lists all case codes and their descriptions.
- Chart of Accounts Listing Report: Lists the chart of accounts.
- Client Expense Code Listing Report: Lists client expense codes.
- Default Accounts Report: Lists all default accounts.
- Payment Code Listing Report: Lists the code and description of all payment codes.
- Task Based Billing Code Listing Report: Lists all task based billing codes.
- Time Entry Abbreviation Code Listing Report: Lists time ticket codes.
- Timekeeper Budget Listing Report: Lists the hourly budgets set for timekeepers.
- Timekeeper Listing Report: Lists timekeeper codes.
- Vendor Listing – Detail Report: Lists the full vendor name and address, federal ID, firm account number, default general ledger account, and client expense code for all vendors.
- Vendor Type Listing Report: Lists the code and description of all vendor types.