- Does your computer have the minimum required amount of resources (i.e. hard disk space, RAM, processor, etc)?
- Are you logged into the computer as an administrator with full rights?
- Have you configured your firewall?
- Have you mapped your network drive?
- Do you know the location of your shared Abacus folder? The Abacus folder is located on the local drive of your server, shared with full control. It should be accessible through your mapped drive under My Computer.
If you are uncertain if the Abacus folder is shared or not, contact your local IT.
- Do you have User Account Control (UAC) enabled on your machine? If so, you will need to run the installer as an admin or disable it temporarily:
- Do you use Norton Smart Firewall on your machine? If so follow these steps:
- Are you receiving a 5185 error when installing? This is because you are trying to do your install remotely. See this article for remedy:
Article is closed for comments.