Once you have set up, created, and sent out the E-Signature the signing process will look like the following.
Please note that if you have sent out a document that is non-IRS compliant to be signed skip down to step 4.
- If it is your client's first time signing an IRS compliant document with OfficeTools they will first receive a 'Create your esignature pin' email. They will want to click the button stating 'Create my pin' or copy and paste the link below that into their internet browser.
- They will be taken to the following website where they will enter their email, first and last name, and finally create their pin.
Please note that the fields on this webpage need to match what you have entered in OfficeTools for the client.
- After setting up their pin they will receive the following webpage stating it has been created.
- Once the pin setup has been completed the first signer will receive their E-Signature email. They will want to click on the button stating 'Click here to sign this document' or copy and paste the link below that into their internet browser.
Please note steps 5 and 6 are optional steps that will only be prompted if you have chosen to make the E-Signature document IRS compliant otherwise it will go to step 7.
- From the webpage that opens the client will want to input the pin they created in step 2 and press Submit.
- They will then be prompted to enter the last 4 digits of their social security number and press Submit.
- After the new webpage loads, check in the 'Yes, I agree to follow the esignature agreement' and press continue.
- They will then be prompted to approve the details that will be used for their signature.
Please note: The full name does need to match the first and last name exactly as shown in OfficeTools otherwise it will not allow you to continue with signing.
- Scroll down until they see the signature here marks, (the bottom of the webpage will tell them how many signatures are remaining for them on the documents) and press the Sign button.
- After all signatures have been added, click the Sign Document button down at the bottom of the screen.
- They will then get a notification that they have successfully signed the document.
If there are other parties to involve in signing the document the message will appear as it does below.
- If there are other parties to sign the document the process will be the same as the steps above.
- Once the document has been signed by all parties, all parties including the staff member who sent out the E-Signature will receive an email with a downloadable copy of the document.
- Finally, the signed copy of the document should come back into OfficeTools noted with a (Signed) next to the document name.