Steps for Complete Reinstall of Abacus Outlook Add-in
Following these steps to completely reinstall the components of the Abacus Outlook Add-in commonly resolve a number of issues with the add-in, and are in some cases necessary after updating AbacusLaw on the server.
Outlook 2007 is no longer supported for use with the Outlook add-in, and the add-in included in AbacusLaw as of v23.20 cannot be installed on Outlook 2007. Please ensure that you are using the add-in with Outlook 2010 or later.
- Close Outlook and AbacusLaw.
- Navigate to Programs & Features in your Windows Control Panel.
- Find Abacus Outlook Add-in on the list. Click Uninstall.
In some cases, you may see a second entry called Abacus Outlook Addin (no dash). If so, uninstall this as well.
- After the uninstall has completed, open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\SysWOW64(or C:\Windows\System32 if you are using a 32-bit installation of Windows).
- Find AbacusMO.dll, AbacusRedemption.dll, and AbacusOfficePlugin.dll inside that folder. Delete all three, if existing.
- Navigate to the Programs folder of the AbacusLaw directory on the server. Usually the easiest way to go here is to right-click on the desktop shortcut for AbacusLaw and click Open File Location.
- Right-click on AbacusLaw WorkStation Standard Setup and click Run as Administrator.
- Open AbacusLaw. From the menu bar, select File > Synchronize > Outlook Sync > Setup.
- In the resulting window, click Outlook Add-in Setup.
- In the next resulting window, click Enable the Add-In.
- Open Outlook. If the ABACUS tab appears on the menu bar, your job is done (it may first prompt you to install an Outlook customization when Outlook is first opened). If it does not appear, it may need to be enabled manually.
- From the menu bar, navigate to File > Options.
- The Outlook Options window appears. Click Add-ins. Select COM Add-ins on the Manage dropdown menu (if it is not already selected), then click Go.
- Check the box next to the Abacus Outlook Addin listing. Click Ok.