If you need to upgrade your QuickBooks file to a more recent version, this article will guide you on the steps you need to take to complete the upgrade.
If you require further assistance with your upgrade, please let us know by contacting Support.
How do I contact Abacus Private Cloud Support?
You will need to make sure you have access to the desired year of QuickBooks you would like to upgrade to.
If the year/version of QuickBooks you would like to upgrade to is not yet installed on your Cloud server(s), an Authorized Contact will need to submit a request from the Portal to install the new year/version of QuickBooks before the upgrade can be completed.
How to Add or Remove Applications on Server Using the Customer Account Portal
- Log into the Cloud and click on the Firm Files icon displayed on your desktop.
- As the Admin user of the company file you'd like to upgrade, open your file in the current version of QuickBooks in single-user mode.
- Select File > Utilities > Verify.
- If QuickBooks detects any problems with your file, run the rebuild utility and then repeat step 3. if not, close your current version of QuickBooks and then re-open it.
- Select File > Save Copy or Backup to create a backup of your QuickBooks file.
Click Browse and identify the backup location on the X: drive.
- Close the file.
- Return to your cloud desktop and click on the QuickBooks icon for the version you upgrading to.
Click Open or restore an existing company (you must log in as the QuickBooks administrator to upgrade your company file).
- Select the file to be upgraded. QuickBooks prompts for the file to be updated.
Mark the I understand checkbox and click Upgrade now.
Note: The upgrade time will depend on the size of your QuickBooks file. It is important that you do NOT exit or cancel out of QuickBooks during this time.
- QuickBooks prompts you to back up your company file. Back up the file as you did in steps 5-6.
- Click Finish (QuickBooks saves the backup).
- Click Yes when QuickBooks prompts you to Update Company.